Header

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Christmas Treats Series: Chocolate Cinnamon Tea Cupcakes with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting

Chocolate cinnamon tea cupcakes with eggnog cream cheese frosting are a delicious holiday treat. 

Christmas Treats Series: Chocolate Cinnamon Tea Cupcakes with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting


This year I discovered a love of eggnog and want to have it in everything. I remember when I was younger, I disliked the taste of eggnog and now I think it tastes like melted ice cream. I could not go this holiday season without making something that contains eggnog. So here is my take on a chocolate cupcake with eggnog frosting. Hope you enjoy!


Christmas Treats Series: Chocolate Cinnamon Tea Cupcakes with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting


Chocolate Cinnamon Tea Cupcakes
Ingredients
1 cup AP Flour
3/4 cup of Sugar
1/4 + 1/8 cup of Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 egg
1/2 cup Buttermilk*
1/2 cup Vegetable oil 
3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup boiling tea ( I used 3/4 tsp Cinnamon Heart by David's Tea with 1/2 cup boiling water More tea can be used the chocolate flavour is stronger after baking)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
Add egg, buttermilk,and vegetable oil to dry ingredients and mix well.
Add vanilla extract and boiling tea to mixture and mix well.
Fill cupcake tin and bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when poked through the middle. 
Christmas Treats Series: Chocolate Cinnamon Tea Cupcakes with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting


Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients 
1 (8 ounce) Package of Cream Cheese, Softened
1/4 cup Butter, Softened
1 cup Icing Sugar, Sifted
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract (Can be omitted or replace with another extract for stronger eggnog flavour)
3 Tbsp Eggnog 

 Instructions
In a medium bowl cream together cream cheese and butter.
Mix vanilla and eggnog into mixture.
Gradually stir in icing sugar (Depending on preferred consistency more icing sugar can be added for stiffer frosting)
Store frosting in refrigerator.

*I can never seem to find buttermilk in my local grocery store so I used 1 1/2 tsp of vinegar and enough milk to reach half a cup on a measuring cup. Stir and let mixture stand for 5-10 minutes. 

Let me know what you think in the comments below and I will see you tomorrow with another recipe. Happy Holidays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Vibrant Pixel 2015