Header

Thursday 19 March 2015

Review: Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer

I recently bought myself a Fujifilm Instax Share Printer. I thought I would write up a review of  my experience with the printer so far. (Warning a slightly heavy picture post ahead)

Review: Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer

The Why?
I bought this printer because as much as I loved the idea of the Instax cameras, I was not sure I could fully commit to walking around with an extra device. Especially, on day trips and on vacations I would have a point and shoot camera, my cellphone, my DSLR and if I had bought an Instax I would have that too. What attracted me to this printer is that I could have the Instax print from photos from my other devices (That means I could choose between multiple shots).

Review: Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer

The Pros?
The printer was really simple to use. One read through of the instructions and I was printing pictures like a pro! The free app has a simple interface which makes printing a breeze. I enjoy that there is an indicator on the printer but also on the app to tell you how many prints you have left in the film cartridge. The app comes with photo editing capabilities, you can rotate the image,correct or change the colour of the image and add text. There might be other options I'm forgetting but those are the major ones.

Review: Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer

The Cons?
I would have to say the printer itself is a little pricey. Especially considering it does not come with the wall charger just a set of batteries. (I took advantage of a Staples offer and got a portable phone charger thrown in that made it slightly more worth it) A major con for me (I like the instant gratification of buying things in person) I cannot seem to find film for the printer locally. All stores seem to be sold out of the size of instax film require for the printer which is the same as the Instax Cameras.

Review: Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer

Overall
I do enjoy the printer. I love that I can print any picture I want with this printer and have them in Instax mini Film format. I do find the price a little expensive however, the app to print is free and has photo editing capabilities that I find balances out the costs. Printing all these photos out has made me nostalgic, I want to make a scrapbook or a photo wall but I think I will refrain myself for now.

Have you ever had a piece of tech that you couldn't wait to get your hands on?

(All Opinions are my own and I purchased the printer myself)


No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Vibrant Pixel 2015